Hi everyone! Welcome to Bookspammers. For those of you I don't know, feel free to introduce yourselves, or ping me on AIM (LunarEndeavor) or Y!M (roismelinor) at any time. I'm Beth, I am mod/editor. This post will be locked later and filtered to active reviewers.
Some simple rules to get us started.
1. Reviewers must write up at least one book per month. This is primarily to ensure that the community remains active. If people could commit to submitting their review during a particular week of each month, that'd be helpful too, so that we don't get a flood of reviews at the end of the month, and nothing in the weeks prior. I'll keep track and send out reminder emails one week before deadline. It'd be helpful if you submitted the title you want to review ahead of time, but since we are readers and thus eccentric, last-minute changes are acceptable, but use good judgment in choosing your last-minute replacement.
2. Email reviews to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to posting it, for checking and light editing.
3. Nobody is limited to a specific genre, and almost anything goes. However, there are a few restrictions.
* Comic book reviews are restricted to trade paperbacks and graphic novels.
* Preferably, no series in which the author does not own the source material, such as game novels or any number of multivolume teen series. Exceptions will be made if you think it is really that good and argue its case well enough.
* Uber-popular releases (say, The Da Vinci Code) or releases that appeal to multiple reviewers (that means us, Song of Ice & Fire fans) are limited to two reviews in the first three months after release, just to keep variety going. If more than two people want to review the book in question, they can throw their hats in the ring and two will be chosen randomly.
* No textbooks. You may review at text you read for a class as long as it is not a textbook--i.e. do not review your molecular biology book, but if you are assigned Sylvia Plath's Ariel, feel free.
4. Feel free to review a book that you've read before, but do give it a reread first.
5. You may swear in your reviews. But use good judgment, and don't be vulgar.
6. If reviewers fail to turn in a review, without providing advance notice, posting rights will be suspended. However, RL happens, and exams happen, so if you need a hiatus, just email email@example.com and advise me as to how long you will need.
Any questions? Comments? Concerns? Say it here!